NNA - Progress on freeing both kidnapped bishops in Homs, is being made, caretaker prime minister Najib Mikati, reassured Greek Orthodox patriarch John Yaziji X during their meeting in Balamand today. As per freeing them, I can say that things proceed in the right direction-on the right track and, that the issue topped Mikati's discussions with the Qataris who promised to do the best they could in order to obtain the bishops' safe return he disclosed.
With regards to ongoing armed clashes in Tripoli, let's hope for words being translated into deeds with things eventually taking their due course, he went on. We shall stop at nothing and an arrest warrant has been issued for Ali Eid on charges of perpetrating the twin bombings at the mosques. So let respective courts of law assume their work for the sake of preventing people from taking the law into their own hands and all cover due to security organs is henceforth legitimately theirs, Mikati concluded.
- Police say shopping centre arrest not connected to Manchester attack
- Aoun cables condolences to Queen Elizabeth, UK PM on Manchester terror attack
- Mashnouk: Beirut will never die
- UK's May says police believe they know identity of Manchester attacker
- AUB researchers revive ancient technique with a twist